Sunday, August 8, 2010

PRAGUE- BIRTHDAY WEEKEND!

The next weekend was my birthday weekend! I missed spending it with all yall and I really appreciate the birthday messages. It is so great to have such good friends! But I have to say spending my birthday in Prague was pretty awesome! My birthday weekend got off to a bad start but poor Todd did his best to fix it. Every since we started dating I think all my friends told him how fun I have on my birthday and that I tend to stretch it out over a couple weeks- OK a month! Well poor Todd was so worried that this birthday wouldn't be the best that he did everything he could to make sure I had a great weekend! But luck just hasn't been on Todd side since the day he stepped off the plane in Germany. He just can't get a break and this weekend was no different.

First he was late getting off work- no big deal. I mean it is his job and sometimes you just can't control it. So we get a later start than we were planning but we just went with it. Then we have to take the train from Parsburg to Nurmburg and then a bus or train to Prague. So at this point Todd still doesn't have a car. We were suppose to drive to Prague (only 3 hours) when he got off work, but since he had to turn in his rental we got on the train. He said there was a car place with this nice BMW (or BMV as they call it here. The W are V's here and the V's are W's- more on that later!) So we asked what the last bus was to Prague and it was at 17:00 (everything here is in military time- still not use to that!) so we had a little less than 2 hours to get to the car place and back to get on the last bus. We were hoping that Todd would buy this car though and after we bought it we would be on our way in the car. We get in a cab and he takes us to the car place. The BMW wasn't there. Apparently it was at their sister company 400 Kilometers down the road. Well that sucks. So we look around at the other ones. There is one more car that was automatic in about the price range he was looking at. We test drove it and it was NOT good! So we called the cab man back and he came to pick us up and by this point we had missed the last bus. We went to the station to see what else we could get on and they said nothing is available until 7:50 the next morning. So here we were in Nuremberg stuck until the morning. First of all there are worse places to be, Nuremberg is awesome but this isn't were we thought we would be so we weren't happy. We ended up staying in Nuremberg for the night and having a great time. We went to a fabulous Italian restaurant ( Jennifer I have a picture of the wine for you- it was awesome!!!) 


So first thing in the morning we get to the train station- turns out the ticket office doesn't open until 8 and out bus is at 7:50. It would have been nice if someone would have told us that yesterday! So we sat in the station for an hour and waiting and then got on the next bus that got us to Prague at 12:30! Long day already- but Prague was awesome. I am so glad we finally made it! I have pictures below, but we had dinner right on the water looking at the Charles Bridge. Everyone spoke english which was a nice break from not knowing what people were saying to us all the time. We bought really cool beer bugs down at the street market and two pretty paintings of the castle and the bridge. It was just great! If I get an visitors, we need to go there if you haven't already! :)

We headed back to Parsburg, but I could have stayed there several more days. It was so beautiful! Sometimes I can't believe the places that I get to see. It is so crazy! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment