Tuesday, August 21, 2012

It's getting hot in here...

I am really trying not to complain about the hot weather here in Germany because I know it is not going to last long! Before I know it, it will be ski season again and I will be bundled up in my head to toe cold weather gear, BUT right now I really miss air conditioning. My apartment is on the top floor with floor to ceiling windows and it gets hot! It really feels like a sauna. I had to take a cold shower last night before bed just so I could stop sweating! I am such a cold natured person that I can’t imagine how it would be for anyone else. Of course when I signed the lease on my apartment it was in the winter so the last thing on my mind was if it would get hot in my apartment. At that point, I wanted it to be hot in there!


My refrigerator has a clear door and in my kitchen area there are no blinds so last night when I came home from the gym and wanted to have some cheese and crackers, the cheese was even melted. Nothing can stay cool in this apartment even when it is in the refrigerator!

The other sad thing is that I bought these great chocolates from Switzerland and I was saving them for the perfect day. I really wanted to wait until I needed a pick me up. Well that day had come and I was ready to enjoy these 4 deliciously looking truffles and…. they were melted, into one large gooey mess. But don’t worry; I didn’t let them go to waste. I grabbed a spoon and saved as much chocolate as I could!

Oh well, I know I will be missing the fact that I am so incredibly hot in my sauna apartment in a few months! Maybe this is why more Europeans are skinner, in the summer they just waste away because it is so dang hot everywhere. Even in my office it must be over 90 degrees. Someone really must bring ceiling fans to Germany. I am not sure why that idea has not caught on yet, but I really think the Germans would love it!

Hope wherever you are there is a cool breeze or some AC!

No comments:

Post a Comment