Sunday, May 1, 2011

Beer Bike!


Since the first couple weeks of school, my classmates and I wanted to rent a beer bike and go around Hanover. We had seen these bikes through town several times and they looked so fun. Basically about 12 people sit on the bike and pedal while someone in the middle serves you beer form a keg. You play fun music and ride through the town. Well let me just tell you that it is so worth the 20 euro’s I paid! We had so much fun! Our driver was going to kill us though because it turns out you actually have to pedal the whole time. I thought there was a little engine that really did all the work and the pedals were there just for fun, well that is not the case. There were several times when we were in the middle of a busy intersection and we would just stop. Our driver would yell at us in German to "Pedal ein Fahrrad" (PEDAL THE BIKE!). We all kept forgetting to pedal and were too busy enjoying ourselves. I think I was the worst culprit because everyone kept calling me out but I was just there to enjoy the sun and company. I didn’t plan on working up a sweat! Ha! But it was so fun! I highly recommend it!











No comments:

Post a Comment